Jonathan Sheehy Zerr
Jonathan received undergraduate degrees in History and Political Science from William Jewell College in 1997 where he was a co-founder of the Pre-Law Society, the Mock Trial Team, and a charter member of the Phi Alpha Delta pre-law fraternity. During his undergraduate years, Jonathan gained internship experiences with Senator Christopher S. Bond in Kansas City and the National Republican Senatorial Committee in Washington D.C. Jonathan also participated in an exchange program with American University in Washington D.C. and assisted on numerous political campaigns.
Before attending law school, Jonathan spent a year working as a legal assistant for the Crews, Waits, Brownlee and Berger law firm in Kansas City.
Jonathan received his law degree and legislative practice certification in 2001 from Drake University Law School in Des Moines, Iowa. During law school, Jonathan continued to gain practical experience working first as an intern for Iowa State Representatives Charles Larson and then as a registered lobbyist for the Iowa Hospital Association.
Jonathan began practicing law in Missouri with the King Hershey law firm where he emphasized real estate transactions and development, zoning and land use, general corporate representation and economic development and municipal law. Jonathan’s practice has expanded since joining Kapke & Willerth, L.L.C. in June of 2004 to include probate administration, probate litigation, estate planning, municipal law, and representation of developers and homeowners associations.
Jonathan maintains an active involvement in the community. He is a member of the Independence Chamber of Commerce, having completed its leadership development program (LEAD) in 2005. Jonathan also participates in the Independence Rotary Club.
Areas of Practice
- 25% Probate Administration
- 25% Estate Planning
- 5% Real Estate (Transactional)
- 5% Real Estate (Litigation)
- 20% Homeowners Associations
- 10% General Corporate
- 10% Litigation
- Missouri, 2003
- Iowa, 2001
- Kansas, 2003
- Drake University Law School, Des Moines, Iowa
- J.D. - 2001
- Honors: Legislative Practice Certification
- William Jewell College, Liberty, Missouri
- B.A. - 1997
- Major: Political Science and History
- GasMart USA
- Technical Design Services, LLC
- Allied Staffing, LLC
- City-Wide Overhead Door, Inc.
- Roger W. Hershey, Esq. (Vice-President & General Counsel)
- William B. Moore, Esq.(Chief Operating Officer)
- Michael George (Vice-President)
- Missouri Road and Access Law, National Business Institute, 2008
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association, Member, 2001 - Present
- Missouri Bar Association, Member, 2002 - Present
- Kansas Bar Association, Member, 2002 - Present
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association, Member, 2002 - Present
- Eastern Jackson County Bar Association, Member, 2002 - Present
Past Employment Positions
- King Hershey, PC, Associate Attorney, 2002 - 2004
- Iowa Hospital Association, Registered Lobbyist, 2000 - 2001
Pro Bono Activities
- Boy Scouts of America (Leader and Eagle Scout)
- Independence Chamber of Commerce (L.E.A.D) - Class of 2005
- The Rotary Club of Independence, Board of Directors
- Public Safety Tax Oversight Committee (City of Independence, Missouri)
- The Independence Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors
- Jackson County Free Health Clinic Board of Directors, Chairman
- Independence Public Safety Tax Oversight Committee, Member
- Phi Alpha Delta